Here are some economic and stock market news:
- Den Chief Training: 8/31/2013 (Annawon Council)
- Popcorn Show and Sell Order Due: 8/30/2013 (Annawon Council)
- Council Venturing Forum - SSC: 8/28/2013 (Annawon Council)
- Family Camp Weekend 7 - Camp Norse: 8/23/2013 5 PM - 5 PM (Annawon Council)
- Family Camp Weekend 7 - Camp Norse: 8/23/2013 5 PM - 5 PM (Annawon Council)
- Eagle Applications Due: 8/23/2013 (Annawon Council)
- Merit Badge Mania - Camp Norse: 8/16/2013 - 8/18/2013 (Annawon Council)
- Resident Camp - Camp Norse: 8/11/2013 9 AM - 4 PM (Annawon Council)
Join in the SUMMER FUN with PACK 14. Please see below for a list of our summer events with details on dates, costs, payment deadlines, and more. Or download the Summer Event Flyer to print and hang on your fridge. Join us for a fun-filled Scouting summer!
Fri., June 21st, 6pm -7pm
KICK off the Summer @ AES Ball Field
Join in our lively game of Scouts against Parents
Sat., June 29th, Game starts at 6:05
Pawsox Sleepover, McCoy Stadium, Pawtucket
Cost: $27.50 per camper (RSVP & money due to BRIAN KELLER by June 14th)
Wed. July 3rd, 9:30am -6pm
Water Wizz, Wareham, MA
Cost: $26 (Children under 48” are $16)
(RSVP & money due by June 21st)
Sun., July 14th, 10am -1pm
Carwash @Lakeville Fire Station
This is our one fundraiser of the summer
~ ALL Hands On Deck for some Fun in the Sun!
(RSVP w/ the time you will be helping out by July 6th)
Sat., Aug 10th, 10am – 4pm
Family Day @ Camp Yomechas, Middleboro
Swimming, Boating, Field Games & BBQ
Cost: $20 per family (RSVP & $ due by July 31st)
Mon., Aug 26th, 4pm – 5:30pm
Lazer Gate, Fall River, MA
Includes 2 games per scout that participated in the car wash (all scouts and parents are welcome & may pay $7 each). Refreshments included.
RSVP & $ due (if applicable) by August 16th
Earn the Summer Time Cub Scout Pin by being active in 1 Pack Event per month this summer! Please contact Summer Activities Coordinator, Continue reading
The Pawtucket Red Sox are pleased to host Boy Scout Sleepovers at McCoy Stadium.
Saturday, June 29th
2 – 3:30 est. On Field fun and clinic with the PawSox
4:35 Gates Open for Game @ 6:05
Post Game Grab your tents and gear for the sleepover
The Scout Sleepover is a great event for scouts of all ages. At a price of $27.50 per
camper, this event includes an on-field clinic with members of the PawSox team, ticket
to the game, a food voucher for a hotdog, bag of chips and a sports drink. The highlight
of the evening is the opportunity to pitch your tent in the outfield of McCoy Stadium and
the showing of a movie on the right field video board.
Please contact Brian Keller if you are interested in attending.
$27.50 Per Camper – Checks made out to ‘Pack 14’
**All money needs to be given to Brian Keller no later than Friday
June 14th. If payment is not made by this date, tickets will not be
purchased for you!
Our Pack will be offering our services to the Town of Lakeville next Saturday, June 8th, from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. We are hoping that ALL scouts and their families will participate in this project, even if for only 1 hour.
What will we be doing, you ask? There is an effort underway to clean up, clear out, and re-establish Tamarack Park. The ultimate goal is to mold it into a Nature Park for Lakeville residents to enjoy. There is a lot of work to do, and lots of plans. Our goal on Saturday is to move some compost into the area where the flower beds will be located. There is also an area of overgrown weeds that they would like pulled, time permitting. Won’t it be GREAT to be part of re-creating this beautiful park for all of our friends and family to relax in?!
Check out this Face Book Website for more detailed info on the park.
Pack 14’s committee and leaders have been working on a number of events for Scouting families to enjoy throughout the summer and into next fall. Please mark your calendars! More information on events will be shared on the website and through den leaders as far in advance as possible.
- Summer Events! Earn the Summer Time Cubscout Pin by being active in 1 Pack Event per month this summer! Please contact Summer Activities Coordinator, Lisa Boivin. Email reminders will be sent to the Pack with deadlines for payments.
- Sat., 6/8, 9:00am to 1:00pm, Lakeville Community Service Project and picnic. Bring a bag lunch & your working gloves as we pitch in to support our town! (Lisa B/Dan S)
- Bike Hike: Sun, 6/9, 2:00 to 4:00pm at Massasoit in Taunton. Spark Bike Rub Sports’ staff will explain bike safety, the rules of the road, and discuss bike equipment. Bring your bikes and gear for a great day on the road!
- Tues., 6/18 – All Leaders Meeting 6:30 to 8:00pm, Lakeville Library
- 6/21-23: Webelos “Survivor Island” Overnight at Camp Norse
- Fri, 6/21, 6:00-7:00: “Kick off to Summer” family kickball game. Join our lively game of Scouts vs. parents, AES field (Kevin Richman)
- July 8 to Aug 9: Summer Camp, Camp Norse
- Sun., 7/14: 10:00am to 1:00pm Pack 14 Fundraiser Car Wash, Lakeville Fire Station. This is our one fundraiser of the summer – ALL Hands On Deck for some Fun in the Sun!
- Tues., 7/16: All Leaders Meeting 6:30 to 8:00pm, Lakeville Library
- Wed, 7/3, 10:00am-10:00pm: Pack 14 day trip to Water Wizz water park in Wareham, MA. Please save the date let your den leader know if you are interested. Cost and more details to come.
- Sat., 8/10: Family Day, Camp Yomechas, Middleboro. Activities include boating, use of the pool, team-building activities, volleyball, field games and BBQ. $20 per family. More details to follow. (Nancy Keller/Lisa Boivin)
- Tues., 8/20: All Leaders Meeting 6:30 to 8:00pm, Lakeville Library
- Mon., 8/26: Car Wash reward event- Lazer Gate Fall River 4:00pm to 5:20 pm (arrive at 3:45pm for first game). Includes 2 games per scout that participated in the car wash (all scouts and parents are welcome & may pay $7 each). Refreshments included. (contact Kristen/Kevin)
- Sunday, 10/27- Christmas Wishes Fall Food Drive: Set up at Masonic Lodge, Time TDB (this is for Webelos only 5-8 scouts and up to 4 adults)
- Saturday, 11/2- Christmas Wishes Food Drive at Stop & Shop in Halifax, 9:00am – 2:00pm (open to all scout levels and is one of the requirements for our scout involvement)
Come join Spark Bike Run Sports for a Special Bike Safety Hike at Massasoit State Park in Taunton on Sunday, June 9th from 2:00-4:00 p.m. Their staff will explain bike safety, the rules of the road, and bike equipment.
What to bring: Your family and friends, sunblock, plenty of water and snacks.
What to wear: Appropriate clothing and footwear, bike helmet and gear.
After the talk we will head off on our bike hike. If we have enough to form an off-road group with leaders some of us can go along the trails and the rest can ride on the pavement.
Let’s explore Massasoit on wheels!!
Congratulations to all the Scouts and families who participated in this year’s Pinewood Derby competition. We had some exceptionally-fast and creative entries this year!
Please join us for Pack 14’s rescheduled Blue & Gold Banquet on Sunday, April 7 at Sts. Martha & Mary Parish. Doors open and cake sign-in starts at 1:15 pm with opening ceremonies starting promptly at 1:30. Highlights include…
- A pasta luncheon will be served for Scouts and their families to enjoy together. Please RSVP online or through your den leader. We will also have sign up sheets at the Pinewood Derby.
- The annual cake decorating contest! On their own time, Scouts will bake and decorate a cake to be judged during the Blue & Gold. (Cakes are judged on appearance only; Scouts can bring their cakes home to enjoy with their families after the event.) Prizes will be awarded in each den for the most original designs that depict this year’s theme: Giving. (Let your Scout get creative with the theme and think about what “Giving” means to them; for example, their own special gifts, what they give to others, what Scouting gives to them, how Scouts give back to the community, etc.) Download Cake Contest Rules.
- Team-building activities, as well as completion and presentation of Birthday Wishes donations, which were made possible by our generous families!
- Presentations by each den on their community service projects.
Class A uniforms please. Webelos I are asked to arrive at 12:30pm help with set up and greeting families as they arrive. Bears are scheduled for clean up duty at 3:30 until finished. (With enough helpers, it usually goes quickly!)
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact event chairs Nancy Keller and Karen Quinn. Thanks for all you do for making Scouting such a positive experience for our boys.
Registration for Summer Camp at Camp Norse in Kingston opens on Friday, March 1, 2013. Spots fill up fast, so please review the following information if interested in having your Scout participate in camp this year.
Saturday, February 23rd, 1:00pm – 2:30pm
Join a Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation naturalist for a fun and frosty trek exploring our winter trees, shrubs, and groundcover (if they’re not covered by snow!). We’ll take a hike through the forest, near wetlands, and along a field to learn about Massasoit State Park’s winter greens.
Meet at the main parking lot on 1361 Middleboro Avenue in East Taunton. For adults and children 8+. Please dress for the weather and wear sturdy winter footwear. Weather and ground conditions will determine route. Rain, snow, or icy trails will cancel. Call (508) 866-2580 x162 for more information and for weather cancellation. For park information and directions, visit http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/southeast/mass.htm.